Hi, my name is Daniel. This is a blog of my 4th year software engineering project at The University of Sydney (ELEC4707).

The title of my project is Painting with the Wii. In short, this project involves integrating DirectX into a program designed for painting with a Wii remote (or Wiimote).

I will be continually updating this blog throughout the course of the project. Please check back reguarly for updates!


Friday, August 29, 2008

Partial Treatise

This week I have been working on my partial treatise, which is due on the 5th of September. The partial treatise consists of draft introduction and background chapters, and some content for the results and conclusions chapters (as much as is possible at this stage of the project).

I have managed to partially complete the first 2 chapters so far, and my aim is to have done this, and outlined my current initial prototype in the results section of the treatise by the 5th of september.

The introduction chapter (1) consists of a discussion of the project, the requirements and scope limitations, and a brief description of the contents of the thesis.

The background chapter (2) consists of a history of input devices (mouse, keyboard, graphics tablet etc...), an outline of current research into the Wiimote, and a discussion of the existing paint prototype, WiiPaint.

I have given my project a name, which is WiiPaintPlus. From now on in this blog, I will use this to refer to my work.

No comments: