Hi, my name is Daniel. This is a blog of my 4th year software engineering project at The University of Sydney (ELEC4707).

The title of my project is Painting with the Wii. In short, this project involves integrating DirectX into a program designed for painting with a Wii remote (or Wiimote).

I will be continually updating this blog throughout the course of the project. Please check back reguarly for updates!


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colour Selection Cube - Initial Attempt

So I have managed to create the colour selection cube in DirectX, and it looks pretty good I reckon. Here is a screenshot:



The colour selection cube is made up of 125 individual colour cubes, all drawn using DirectX graphics. Each cube consists of only 3 faces - the three visible ones - to make rendering faster.

A loop is set up in my code to create each cube, and give it red green and blue (RGB) colour values, ranging from 0 to 255.

To change to colour selection mode, the user clicks the 1 button of the Wiimote.

The goal of the next week is to get the Wiimote working with the colour selection cube, including using the distance of the Wiimote from the screen to determine the depth into the colour cube.

Also, this week I have to submit my usability study questions to the university ethics commitee, so that they can be approved by the time that the questionnaire needs to be done.

Will update my blog again soon.

No comments: