Hi, my name is Daniel. This is a blog of my 4th year software engineering project at The University of Sydney (ELEC4707).

The title of my project is Painting with the Wii. In short, this project involves integrating DirectX into a program designed for painting with a Wii remote (or Wiimote).

I will be continually updating this blog throughout the course of the project. Please check back reguarly for updates!


Thursday, September 18, 2008

Line Tool

Hello again,

So today I have been working on the Line tool... This is different from the other tools so far, because each point on the line needs to be connected.

The Line tool is simply a list of circles, with the extra step of joining them together being done by the Lines Draw method.

I am only half way there so far. The line tool draws circles, and lines between the centers of the circles. In the complete version, a rectangle will be drawn between the two circles, so that the line doesn't have blots all over it (see image below).



I am still thinking about the best way to draw the rectangles between each circle. It is not that simple, as I must account for the angle between each of the circles in order to draw the rectangle correctly...

We will see what I come up with to do this.

Until next time...

No comments: